fields of many different data types, such as Text, Multi-Choice, Integer, File with Versioning, Email, URL, Date, Currency, and so on. Each data type can be configured with settings and requirements specific to its type. For instance, an Integer field might require a value between 1 and 100, and a Currency field may be shown with the currency symbol before or after the value. For a full list of data types, see List of Data Types.A field is a place in a record to input a specific type of information. Agiloft supports
Each field has a field name and a field label. The field name is the name stored in the system's database, and it cannot contain spaces or most special characters. The field label is the value that users see on the interface, and it can contain spaces and special characters. It can also be translated into multiple foreign languages so that the user sees the language specified by their browser settings, thanks to Agiloft's full National Language Support.
For more information about field functionality and specific data types, see the following articles.
- Working with Fields: Learn general instructions and tips for working with fields.
- List of Data Types: Review a complete list of data types in the system.
- Choice Lists: Use the Choice or Multi-Choice data types to select choices in a record.
- Date and Time Fields: Display date and time values.
- Linked Fields: Create links between two or more records using one of the various linked field types.
- File with Versioning Fields: Attach files to a record and optionally track the file's version.
- Relationship Diagram Fields: Create a visualization that represents links between records.
- Heat Bars: Show proportions and progress related to a record.
- Surveys and Questionnaires: Create surveys and questionnaires using a family of data types.
- Variable Formula Fields: Create queries and formulas, which may include system variables, to produce a result.
- Visibility Dependent Fields: Hide or show fields based on conditions.
- History Fields: Track the edits and events that occur in a record.
- Singleton Check Fields: Visually represent a true/false toggle as a single checkbox.
- Image with Versioning Fields: Attach image files to a record and optionally display them on table views.