The Administrator Guide is designed to help administrators to configure a knowledgebase and all its elements. System administrators have access to all levels of the system, including the Admin Console and the entire Setup menu, in addition to the system functions available to power users. As such, this Administrator Guide is an extension of the Power User Guide, not a replacement. Experienced administrators can also review the advanced configuration capabilities in the Developer Guide.
To provide a general overview, system administrators are able to:
- Complete the initial system setup, including configuring system security, setting the system time, managing licensing, and localizing the system language
- Manage tables, including Fields, Workflows, Rules, and Actions
- Set up user access to everything in the system, including access permissions, Teams, and Groups, and authentication methods such as OAuth 2.0 SSO, LDAP, two-factor authentication, and hyperlinks
- Design the look and feel of the knowledgebase
- Set up integrations with third party software
- Design complex solutions to user requirements using all of the configuration tools available in the system
Working with Live Systems
Once your Agiloft KB is live, make sure to take precautions when you need to make configuration changes like adding or editing fields, changing history tracking, and updating or running extra rules.
In most cases, these changes should be made outside of regular business hours, or during a special, planned service window:
- Any work on process tables
- Updates to the People table, which is usually linked to multiple process tables
- Adding fields to History tracking
- Deleting fields, which is usually not recommended anyway
For updates to the People table or changes to History tracking, try to collect these requests and make the changes in batches, rather than making each change as it is requested.
For working on and testing rules, if you must do so in a live system, use the Demo Data field to filter the rule so it doesn't affect real records.