System administrators have access to all levels of the system, including the Admin Console. In particular, admins can use the entire Setup menu. This allows them to set up all the behavior of the knowledgebase and use the capabilities provided by Agiloft. For more information on the permissions available to admin-level users, see Administrator Access Permissions.
The Administrator Guide is designed to help administrators to configure all the elements of the system.
It is important to note that system administrators also use the same system functions as power users. Administrators should consider this an extension of the Power User Guide rather than a replacement.
Additionally, the Developer Guide contains information on advanced configuration options for experienced administrators.
Among other tasks, system administrators are able to:
- Perform the initial system setup, including configuring system security, setting the system time, managing licensing, and localizing the system language
- Managing tables, including Fields, Workflows, Rules, and Actions
- Setting up user access to everything in the system, including access permissions, Teams, and Groups, and authentication methods such as OAuth 2.0 SSO, LDAP, two-factor authentication, and hyperlinks
- Designing the look and feel of the knowledgebase
- Setting up integrations with third party software
- Designing complex solutions to user requirements using all of the configuration tools available in the system.