Mobile and ADA Interface
The Mobile/ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) interface area lets you configure preferences on a team-wide basis for when users access the system on a mobile device or require an ADA compliant interface on their PC. Changes made here will appear for all selected teams, unless a user has customized their own preferences in their Preferences menu. You can create multiple configurations and apply them to teams.
The Mobile/ADA interface is selected automatically when users access the system from a mobile device, or you can force its use by appending
&gui=LowRes to the login URL.
Mobile/ADA Interface Wizard
Mobile/ADA interface configurations are customized with the Mobile/ADA Interface wizard. The wizard contains three tabs for customizing the configuration.
To access the Mobile/ADA Interface wizard...
- Go to Setup > Look and Feel > Mobile/ADA Interface.
- Edit an existing configuration, or click New to create a new configuration.
Use the General tab to add a label, name, and description for the current configuration.
The Preferences tab contains several options for configuring the Mobile/ADA interface, such as:
- Maximum number of saved searches shown in the Recent Searches and Search Box windows.
- Maximum width of an input field when editing a record.
- Whether to show empty fields when viewing a record.
- Whether the field label is above or to the left of the input box.
- Which tables and saved searches appear on the Home window as favorites.
Use the Apply tab for selecting the teams to which the current wizard settings should be applied.
- The "Apply changes to me now" option applies the new configuration to you. If this is deselected, the changes will apply to the selected teams but will not override your personalized Mobile/ADA interface.
- The "Notify existing users about change to their default preferences" option creates a notification for any users who have already customized their left pane. When the user logs back in, their Preferences user menu shows a Notice icon. When they open the Left Pane wizard, it shows the administrator's message, and they can choose whether to accept or reject the admin's changes. You must enter a message if you want users to have the option to switch their customized preferences back to the team's updated configuration.