Agiloft's minor software releases happen continuously throughout the year, while major releases happen about twice per year. This page highlights some of the most important recent enhancements to the software. We'll also show you previews of features still in development or in beta testing.
The Current Build Number listed here corresponds to the last time this page was updated, not necessarily the latest release of Agiloft.
|Current Release Number||Current Build Number|
You can find the latest Agiloft downloadable installer at https://www.agiloft.com/ewdownload/, or contact Support to request an upgrade if your knowledgebase is hosted in the cloud. The most recent release notes from the last major release can be found here: Release Notes.
Left Pane Grouping and Customization Options and Improved User Preferences
Users can now customize and group the left pane items and manage user or team preferences at both an admin and a power user level. For more information, see: Left Pane Setup.
In the Setup > Look and Feel menu, three new configuration items are available that allow admin users to configure and apply preferences on a team basis:
- Left Pane Setup- Use this option to manage which menu items (such as Home, Setup, My Assigned, etc) and tables appear in the left pane. You can also customize the order of the menu items and tables.
- General Preferences- Use this option to manage interface preferences. For example, you can decide whether record cancellation is confirmed before closing, what page appears upon login, and whether table views show all records or remember the last search.
- Mobile/ADA Interface- Use this option to manage Mobile/ADA interface preferences. Using this option, you can decide things such as the maximum number of saved searches in the Recent Searches window, the maximum amount of text to show in a record, and the position of the field label.
Users may override their team preferences in all of these areas using the new options in the Preferences section of the Home Page. However, when you apply new team-based preferences, the team settings will temporarily override any previously configured user-specific preferences. In such a situation, the user will receive a notification when they next log in to their KB.
When they click the notification, the user can then choose whether to keep or discard the admin changes. When creating new team-based preferences, you can customize the notification message using the Notify existing users about change to their default preferences option found in the Apply tab of all three new configuration items.
The following video demonstrates how to customize your left pane:
Admin Console Redesign with Left Pane
The admin console was redesigned and reorganized, using a left pane interface similar to the Power User Interface. The new interface contains the same items and functionality as before, with a new order to group the items in the admin console. For more information, see Administrator Console.
Data Conversion Do Not Map Null Values Option
In the Options tab of the Data Conversion wizard, a new option was added: Do not map null values in conversion.
if this option is enabled conversion will not map the values for any field with an empty (null) value. This option is particularly useful when updating an existing record based on a matching criteria, to avoid a blank value in the new record overwriting an existing value in a matching record.
History Management Options in Rules
On the first tab of the the Rules wizard, you can now define whether a rule should create history entries on running. This can be useful in cases where a rule can trigger other actions and result in overly long history tables.
Configure the time zone settings in the admin console
Timezone settings have been added to the admin console. This option is available at General > Settings > Set KnowledgeBase Time.
This is particularly useful for setting the appropriate Revindex Optimization Period to avoid table locks during business hours.
Mobile/ADA Preferences Performance Improvements and Table Tree Structure
The Mobile/ADA Preferences page, accessible from the left pane at Home > Preferences > Mobile/ADA Interface, now loads significantly faster.
In addition, the Favorites selection area at the bottom of the screen now uses a tree structure to group the saved searches and reports by table. Select a table to see its corresponding searches and reports. To define the user's mobile/ada structure, select either a table or one of its searches or reports, and click the right arrow button, as before.
New History Deletion Option
While mass editing or configuring a Delete Action, you can now limit the deletion of history entries to those that are older than a defined number of days. This is useful for tables that have many rules and KBs with large history tables.
Merge Document action can now output to Word and merge consecutive Word documents
The Merge Document action was improved in a number of ways to increase the options available for document merging, as well as other formatting and layout matters. Primarily, the new wizard allows users to:
- Merge multiple Microsoft Word documents into one Word document.
- During a merge to PDF, select consecutive Word documents for merging before creating the final PDF.
The wizard was also redesigned to make it easier to locate the appropriate options. For more information, see: Merge Documents Action.
A new report type was added - Ring Charts. This is available for selection in the Chart Type tab of the Charts wizard. The chart displays a breakdown of items in the X-axis as a percentage of the defined Y-axis value, with the total displayed in the center. It can be shown with numbers for each item or without them:
Document Comparison Action allows you to compare versions of the same file
The Document Comparison Action can now perform redlining comparisons between two versions of the same file. In the Document Comparison Action wizard, you can select the same file name for both the Revised File and the Previous File. For more information, see Document Actions.
Showing Skipped Records on Data Import
The data import screen now displays a summary of skipped records, including the reason for skipping, and includes the skipped records into the total number of ignored rows.
Resend Secret Key in Two-Factor Authentication
In the two-factor authentication request screen, a new link has been added to Resend secret key. This is helpful in cases where a user needs to reinstall their authentication app, or change their mobile device, requiring them to enter their secret code again.
Actions Tab in the Table Wizard
In the Table setup, a new Actions tab was added, which allows you to create, edit and delete all table actions. Previously this was only possible by editing rules or action buttons.
Added an Import Wizard Options Tab
Previously, when importing records, it was easy to forget to choose to run rules after import or to execute workflow actions, because they were at the bottom of the Table tab and required scrolling to see them.
These options and the password option were moved to a new Options tab in the wizard that appears when creating an Import action or importing records directly.
The screenshot below shows the new tab in the import wizard:
Saved Search Title Displays Next to Table Name
When a saved search is applied to a table view, the name of the saved search is now displayed next to the table title. This makes it much easier to tell that you are viewing a filtered set of records.
End User Interface Setup Menu Redesign
The End User Interface Setup menu has been revised to match the updated EUI design. Previously, the menu was available at Setup > End User Interface. This has been replaced by a new Setup > End User FAQs menu.
The menu has removed "Edit Group Permissions" and "My Items".
Related Table and Multi Linked Field Record Lock Check
In the Display tab of the related table and multiple linked field wizard, a new option was added:
The option adds a periodic check on the related table for the record state, and adds a locked icon to the embedded table view if it is locked for edit. The Table View Locks Refresh Rate value in the General tab of the Team wizard controls the frequency at which this check runs.
Activity Log Shows Password Resets and Account Locks
The Activity Log now records the following events, in addition to failed logins:
- Password resets - when done by either an admin or the user.
- Account locks - when a number of consecutive login attempts have failed and caused the user to be locked out of their KB.
Entity Set Sync Allows Users to Select Table Layout
It is now possible to define whether a table layout should be synchronized during an entity set import. In the table customization wizard of the entity set, a new Synchronize layout checkbox was added. If this box is deselected, the layout for that table will not be synchronized when the entity set is imported.
Do Not Validate Required Fields and/or Run Rules with Action Buttons
You can now configure action buttons so so they do not validate required fields or run rules and update default values when selected. For more information, see: Action Buttons.
Before and after executing the actions specified in the Action Button, the following choices are available when the option is set to Save Record:
- Validate required fields - if deselected, upon activating the button the record can be saved in a state where mandatory fields have not been entered, or entered incorrectly.
- Run rules and update default values - if deselected, upon activating the button the record will be saved without triggering the rules and default value updating that would normally be enforced on the table.
In the After executing actions section, the Validate required fields option is only available when choosing to Save and Open record for edit - this is in order to prevent the record being closed in a state where mandatory fields have not been filled in.
Since these options can result in records being saved in an incomplete state, and then have further rules run on them that could cause issues with business processes, it is advisable to exercise caution when deselecting either of them. By default, both options are selected for existing action buttons where the "save record" option is selected.
Save & Continue and Cancel & Reopen Buttons
Two new options were added to the Save and Cancel buttons at the top of record forms:
- Save & Continue - this option saves the record, runs any rules triggered by the save action, then reopens the record to the first tab to allow you to continue work on it. This can function as an autosave if you need to save your record progress.
- Cancel & Reopen - this option allows you to cancel unsaved changes, then close and reopen the record to the first tab.
These options can also be disabled in the Layout tab of the Table wizard by clicking Buttons.
LDAP/Active Directory Improvements
LDAP/Active Directory synchronization had the following improvements:
- Subdomains can now be synchronized along with the parent domain. This requires the Active Directory account used in the wizard to have delegated access to the subdomain.
- Multiple object classes can be selected for user authentication data.
IP Address Access Restrictions
It is now possible to restrict groups from accessing a knowledgebase unless they are located within a specified list of whitelisted IP addresses. For more information, see Restrict IP Address Access to Groups.
Base Fonts are Available in the HTML Editor
If fonts have been defined as base fonts in the Global tab of the current Look and Feel scheme - including custom fonts - they are also available for selection in the fonts list in the HTML editor.
Improved License Assignment Logic
When a knowledgebase has both an assigned license and one or more floating licenses available, the logic which the system uses to auto-assign them has been improved. The licenses are now assigned based on the option selected in Setup > License > Manage Licenses > Manage Assigned Licenses. For more information, see Set the license assignment policy.
Quick Search for Charts/Reports and Knowledgebases list
In the list of predefined charts and reports, the Quick Search panel was added to enable users to search for charts and reports. This was also added to the Knowledgebases list in the admin console.
Expand and Collapse Sections in Record Layouts
The layout now allows users to collapse or expand the record sections. Not only are users able to click on the section header text to collapse or expand a specific sections, they can quickly choose to expand or collapse all sections using links at the top of the layout.
Hide Tabs in Record Layout when Visibility Conditions are Not Met
Previously, tabs in the record layout were only hidden if the user had no permission to view any fields on the tab. Now, if visibility conditions for all fields in a tab are not satisfied for at least one field, the tab is hidden from the user. If the visibility conditions for any field in a tab are changed so the user can view it, the tab is automatically appears.
The Look and Feel wizard now allows you to define the appearance of charts and reports. A new Charts/Reports tab was added to the wizard, at Setup > Look and Feel > Manage Staff Schemes > edit a scheme > Charts/Reports tab.
This tab contains the following options:
- Report Grouping Header - Defines the font and color scheme for report header groupings.
- Chart Plot - Defines the color scheme for the chart background and plot.
- Chart Legend - Defines the color scheme for the chart legend.
- Chart Series - Defines the color scheme for the chart segments.
For more information, see: Charts and Reports Tutorial.
Print Field Documentation Header Information
The header of the Print Field Documentation window, which can be accessed at Setup > Tables > edit a table > Fields > Print Field Documentation, now displays the Server, KB name and Table Name.
Append Only Fields and Text Headers
The Look and Feel wizard now has separate options for text headers, which appear in record layouts, and the date/time stamps used with Append-Only notes fields. The text header options remain unchanged, but new options to control Append Only Entry Stamps have been added on the Forms tab of the Look and Field wizard (Setup > Look and Feel > Manage Staff Schemes > edit a scheme > Forms tab).
Link to Home Page from Company Logo
Home Page has a Look and Feel Tab
The Look and Feel wizards now have a Home Page tab to allow you to configure the appearance of the staff and end-user home pages. The Home Page tab contains the following options:
- Home Page Background
- Widget Title
Custom Fonts in a Look and Feel Scheme
Custom fonts can now be added in a Look and Feel scheme, allowing you to make use of any standard format fonts that are not included by default with your knowledgebase.
- Navigate to Setup > Look and Feel > Manage Staff/End-User Scheme > Edit Scheme > Global tab to upload a new font into a knowledgebase.
- Once fonts have been uploaded, they can be entered as Base Fonts by typing their name into the fields.
For more information, see Look and Feel End User and Staff Wizards.
You now have more control over the look and feel of emails sent from the system. We added a new Email Schemes wizard in the Look and Feel setup, accessed at Setup > Look and Feel > Manage Email Schemes.
The Email Scheme wizard layout includes the following tabs:
- Global - contains the base scheme selection, base fonts and colors.
- Body - contains the properties for the email text and hyperlinks.
- Tables - contains the properties for the table header, rows and other table elements.
- Apply - allows you to set the scheme name and apply it to teams.
Each knowledgebase can have one default scheme, which sets the CSS standards for email templates. As with other Look and Feel schemes, more can be created as needed, and applied to other teams. For more information, see Email Schemes. Keep in mind that some email clients still remove custom styles.
Disable KB on Import and Export
When needed, you can now choose to "disable" a knowledgebase upon import or before export. This is useful in cases where a copied KB has existing rules/inbound mail accounts/external integration, and enabling them after import would cause them to become active and create conflicts with the existing live KB.
For imports, navigate to KB Management > Import > Options tab.
For exports, navigate to Setup > Export > Options tab.
Improved Activity Log
The Activity Log now records more events so that you can track what is happening in your system with more accuracy. It now records the following events, on top of failed logins:
- Password resets - when done either by the admin or the user.
- Account locks - when a number of consecutive login attempts have failed and cause the user to be locked out of their KB.
The new settings may be added via Setup > System > Configure Activity Log.
Display Sync Details
When a sync is in progress, you can now see a full list of the items being updated. You will also see whether an item is In Progress, Queued, or Completed.
Set Record Creation Date on Save
A new variable
creation_date_on_save allows you to define the date of record creation at the moment when the record is saved, rather than when the "New" button is clicked, as is the case by default. This can be useful in cases where time-based rules fail to trigger because the user spent too much time creating the record after clicking New, and the record becomes too old after the first save.
The variable can be found at Setup > System > Manage Global Variables , and has the label "Set Creation Date on Record Saving". The default value is No, meaning that the Date Created field gets its value when the New button is clicked.
URL Encryption Function
Created a new
secureHotlink(url) function which encodes URLs for action buttons to hide the password from browsers. The function treats a URL as a hotlink, retrieves the project name from it, retrieves the public key for it and encrypts the URL as secured hotlink.
secureHotlink(" is parsed as: ")
If the target server is unavailable for some reason, or the KB details are somehow wrong, an empty URL will be returned, as the key could not be retrieved for encryption.
- Current Release
- Left Pane Grouping and Customization Options and Improved User Preferences
- Admin Console Redesign with Left Pane
- Data Conversion Do Not Map Null Values Option
- History Management Options in Rules
- Configure the time zone settings in the admin console
- Mobile/ADA Preferences Performance Improvements and Table Tree Structure
- New History Deletion Option
- Merge Document action can now output to Word and merge consecutive Word documents
- Ring Charts
- Document Comparison Action allows you to compare versions of the same file
- Showing Skipped Records on Data Import
- Resend Secret Key in Two-Factor Authentication
- Actions Tab in the Table Wizard
- Added an Import Wizard Options Tab
- Saved Search Title Displays Next to Table Name
- End User Interface Setup Menu Redesign
- Related Table and Multi Linked Field Record Lock Check
- Activity Log Shows Password Resets and Account Locks
- Entity Set Sync Allows Users to Select Table Layout
- Do Not Validate Required Fields and/or Run Rules with Action Buttons
- Save & Continue and Cancel & Reopen Buttons
- LDAP/Active Directory Improvements
- IP Address Access Restrictions
- Base Fonts are Available in the HTML Editor
- Improved License Assignment Logic
- Quick Search for Charts/Reports and Knowledgebases list
- Expand and Collapse Sections in Record Layouts
- Hide Tabs in Record Layout when Visibility Conditions are Not Met
- Charts/Reports Formatting
- Print Field Documentation Header Information
- Append Only Fields and Text Headers
- Link to Home Page from Company Logo
- Home Page has a Look and Feel Tab
- Custom Fonts in a Look and Feel Scheme
- Email Schemes
- Disable KB on Import and Export
- Improved Activity Log
- Display Sync Details
- Set Record Creation Date on Save
- URL Encryption Function