Sourcing Event Types Table
The Sourcing Event Type table is used to hold records that define the types of Sourcing Events: Request For Proposal, Request for Quote and Request for Information. The table is a background table that controls visibility and workflow for Sourcing Event records based on their Sourcing Event Type. The Sourcing Event Type record defines this visibility in Additional Fields to Show, but also specifies which Approval Workflows and Document Templates are made available in the Sourcing Event.
While all Groups should be able to view these records, only Admins and Business Admins can create and modify Sourcing Event Types. As we have built out the appropriate Sourcing Event Types for the procurement process, an implementer should be consulted to design an effective solution which expands on the out of the box procurement process.
Sourcing Event Types can be created and edited by Admins and Business Admins. There are several fields on the Sourcing Event Types table that are used as flags on the Sourcing Event or throughout the system:
- Abbreviation: the abbreviation entered into this field is displayed on Dashboards
- Fields to Show: used to control the visibility of fields based on Sourcing Event Type
- Approvals Required: determines if approvals are required prior to posting and for the supplier selection following supplier submissions of responses
- Default Workflow: determines the default approval workflow for the Pre-Posting Approvals. Selecting a Default Workflow Title in the Sourcing Event Type record creates a link to the workflow. The choices available in this field are restricted to active Sourcing Event workflows with overlapping Sourcing Event types
Default Selection Workflow: determines the default approval workflow for the Selection Approvals
- Has Document Template(s)?: controls the visibility of the document template fields in the Sourcing Event. Document Template to Generate and Create and Attach (an action button). The Default Document Template ID field is used to determine the default value in the Document Template to Generate field.
- Default Document Template: determines the document template that will default to selected when creating templates from the Sourcing Event.
- Show Contract Fields: used to control the visibility of fields that indicate that a contract will be generated from the Sourcing Event such as in the case of an RFI or RFQ.
- Sourcing Event Requires Attachments?: determines if suppliers responding will be required to submit attachments with their response.
- Require Supplier to Indicate Interest before Submitting?: controls the visibility of the Submit button on the supplier response. If suppliers are required to indicate that they are interested before submitting, this should be Yes. This is useful for Invite Only Sourcing Events where the Sourcing Event Manager wants to determine how many suppliers will respond before the response deadline.
- Evaluation Committee Included?: controls the visibility of the evaluation committee fields.
- Minimum Number of Responses Required: can be used in a Sourcing Event where a certain number of supplier responses are required before the contract can be created. For example, you may want to configure your system to only allow use a Sourcing Event Types on Sourcing Even records that, for example, require three or more quotes.
- Special Instructions: pulled into the Sourcing Event table as a link to selected fields from the Sourcing Event Type table.
If the Has Document Template(s) field value is Yes, the Document Templates tab in the Sourcing Event Type becomes visible:
You can view all associated document templates on the Document Templates tab of a Sourcing Event Type record. From here, you can use the Unlink option from the related table action bar to unlink a document template record if necessary.