Suppose you need a many-to-many relationship:
- A contact may have many opportunities.
- An opportunity may have many contacts.
- First create a Link to Selected Fields type entry with multiple values enabled in one table.
- Then create a Related Table data type in the other table.
- Result: The display looks the same in both tables though created by different data types.
- If a record is created in the Related table, the bi-directional links are created automatically.
Here is what the resulting tables looks like.
First, here is a view of the "Opportunities" table shown in the Contact record of John Customer.
Next, here is what the "Additional Contacts" table looks like in an Opportunity record: