- In the admin console, go to KB Management > Backup.
- Select the knowledgebases you want to back up.
- Click Run Backup Now.
- On the Data Source tab, select the destination for the backup files.
- On the Data Format tab, select the
- On the Options tab, choose whether to disable the KB during the process. Disabling the KB prevents users from making changes to the content being exported, which is useful, but requires a certain window of time where no users need KB access. For large KBs, the process can take a long time, so plan accordingly.
- Choose whether to strip file attachments. Removing file attachments can significantly reduce the size of the backup file.
- Click Finish.