Previous functionality allowed running optical character recognition on files as they were uploaded. This functionality has been supplanted by the OCR Action type which runs when the record is saved, causing less interruption for the user. You can hide this option from users by updating the Deprecate Old File Options global variable.
- In the Admin Notes section of a file field, add a note defining the allowed file extensions, using the following format:
<file_types_allowed>.docx, .jpg, .pdf</file_types_allowed>
This tag can coexist with other note items, and has precedence over the other restriction methods. However, you will need to add this for each individual file field.
- Create the following new global variables:
file_types_allowed - uses a comma-separated list of permitted file types.
file_field_names_validate_types - uses a comma-separated list of file fields in which the file_types_allowed items are applied.
- Leave the script defaults as they are without configuration. The default settings are:
- Allowed file extensions: .docx, .jpg, .pdf, .jpeg
- File field name: attach_document
A copy of the script is attached here.
|Content by Label|
|cql||label in ("file","ocr","versioning") and type = "page" and space = currentSpace()|
|labels||questionnaire survey howto|