Easily export Agiloft data to Tableau for analysis by setting up a Tableau connector in your KB. Data is selected using a saved search.
To use Agiloft data in Tableau, you need:
- A Tableau account
- A user account in Agiloft that Tableau will use to access the saved search data
Configuring the KB
Configuration in Agiloft is as simple as creating a saved search for the data you want to export.
- In Agiloft, navigate to the appropriate table and go to Search > New or select an existing search and go to Search > Edit.
- Configure the saved search as desired until you reach the Options tab. For details on the other options, see Creating Saved Searches.
- On the Options tab, name and save the search.
Select Yes next to "Make this search available to Tableau." The WDC URL field automatically populates.
To edit this field, you need to be in one of the WDC Editor Groups listed in Setup > System > Security > Web Services.
- Copy the WDC URL into a note or document so you can insert it in Tableau.
- Configure the remaining settings as desired, use the Apply tab to make the search available to users if necessary, and click Finish.
You can configure multiple saved searches for use with Tableau, but you must add each WDC URL individually.
With the WDC URL from Agiloft, you can configure Tableau to receive the data.
- In Tableau, under Connect, select Web Data Connector.
- Paste the WDC URL into the field and press Enter.
- When prompted, enter the login and password credentials for a user account. Make sure the account has read permissions for the table and the data in the saved search, because Tableau uses these credentials to pull data from Agiloft.
- Follow the Tableau documentation to add the WDC URL to the safe list, and to control the refresh frequency if desired. If you add multiple Agiloft WDC URLs, you must add each one to the safe list.
Removing a Saved Search
If you need to remove a saved search from Tableau, edit the search, go to the Options tab, and select No next to "Make this search available to Tableau."