Agiloft search functionality is based on complex conditional statements and provides the foundation for rules, actions, and workflows. Quick searching is available from the table search block and complex searches are available through the Saved Search wizard.
Table Search Block
Quick searching can be done from the table search block, located above the the main table action bar. You can make it appear by selecting Search and hide it by selecting the arrow icon in the top right corner.
Search Block Options
Although the search block is commonly used for quick searches, it also has options to refine your search criteria.
To use the search block...
Enter text to find all records submitted by a user, or numbers to find records by ID.
For example 10-15,22,23 will find records 10,11,12,13,14,15,22,23.
- Show All: Removes any filters to show all permitted records.
- Refine: Allows you to add criteria to an already executed search.
- String: Runs the search on strings instead of whole words.
- Context: Shows the context of the result beneath each found record.
- Active Only: Further filters to active records only.
- More Options:
- Fast Search and String Search: Provide the ability to search on exact words, different grammar forms, phrases, or word fragments.
Quick Search Fields
Administrators can configure which fields are available for users in the quick search drop-down to help optimize searching.
To customize the Quick Search field list...
- Navigate to the Indexes tab of the Table wizard by selecting Setup [Table] > Indexes.
- Click Edit Quick Search Fields to open the selection screen containing a list of all fields in the current table.
- Select the appropriate fields.
- Click Finish.
- All fields are selected by default.
- The window also contains the following options:
- Add New Fields by Default
- Select All Fields
- Clear All Fields
- When sub-tables are present, the quick search drop-down will show the combined list of fields selected in the Edit Quick Search Fields window for all sub-tables.