Search FAQ Setup
End users can access published FAQs from the FAQ tab in the EUI. To use this feature, you need to set up FAQs and publish answers.
Setting Up FAQs
FAQs are set up in collections according to table. A custom FAQ group can have saved searches, specific sorting methods, subtopics, and field mechanisms.
- Click the Setup gear in the top-right corner and go to End User FAQs.
- Edit an existing FAQ table or click New.
- On the Tables tab, set the associated table if you're creating a new FAQ group. Once the group is created, this top-level table can't be changed.
- Choose whether subtables are included. Top level FAQ collections can include subtables, but subtables can't stand alone as a separate FAQ table.
- Choose a saved search that identifies FAQ records in the selected table. By default, support tables have a Published field that is used to identify published FAQ answers, and these records are found by the Published search.
Next, use the Display tab to configure how FAQs are presented to users.
- On the Display tab, start by choosing up to four drop-down fields to identify FAQ subject matter. These drop-downs allow users to narrow their search to certain subjects before searching by keyword. You can select any Choice field in the table. They appear for end users in the order chosen here.
- Select the default view for the FAQ records. When users search FAQs, the results are shown using this summary view.
- Select the checkbox for every field you want users to see when they open an FAQ. Your selections here override the user's group permissions.
- Select a default search, or turn it off. This controls what users see when they first open the FAQ tab, before they run a search. For example, you might show the most recently published FAQs, the highest rated, or those most frequently opened. The default search you select here is applied in addition to any other FAQ filters defined for the user.
- Select a default sorting method. Most Useful shows those with the highest user ratings, Best Match shows those with the best text match to the user's search criteria, Newest sorts by Publication Date, and Most Viewed sorts by the number of hits.
- Choose the search mode applied to user-entered keywords. Natural Language is usually the best choice, but you can also treat all keyword searches as AND, OR, or an exact match search.
- Select other saved searches you want to offer users. Hold Ctrl to select more than one in the list.
- Choose a field to use when sorting FAQs by "Newest". For example, you might choose Date Created.
- If desired, create or select a saved search that identifies new FAQs. The FAQs found by this search appear to users with a "New" icon. You might need to refine this search in the future, depending on how frequently new FAQs are published.
Now, move on to the Access tab to control user access and permissions.
- On the Access tab, for each group, select an access level. If you apply a saved search here, it is combined with any other filters applied to the user, so that the user only sees records that meet the criteria of both searches. Keep in mind that if a user can find the FAQ record, they can see all the fields you selected on the Display tab, regardless of their field permissions for the table.
- All: Users in the group have access to all FAQs.
- None: Users in the group can't access any FAQs.
- Saved search: Users in the group can access only the FAQs found by the selected search.
- Select a rating method for FAQs. If you select a method here, users can rate the FAQs they access. These ratings are used for the Most Useful sorting.
- On the Layout tab, arrange the fields you selected on the Display tab into the desired order. Fields are displayed vertically in the order selected here.