REST - Create
The EWCreate (POST) operation creates a record in the specified KB and table, and can include values for specified fields.
- Returns: the ID of the newly created record.
- Supported Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
- Compatible with EWAsyncStatus. If you use this operation asynchronously, you can use EWAsyncStatus to check its status.
- Accepts a URL with URL-encoded parameters and record data. For more information about general URL conventions, see REST Interface.
Assume an instance of Agiloft is available on localhost, port 8080 and is called "Demo". Create a record for an employee named John Doe, that is assigned to the Service Manager group and Service Management Team, with login 'jdoe' and password 'password'.
Also, assume an instance of Agiloft is available on localhost.
- The Employee table is a sub-table of Contacts (logical table name = contacts.employees).
- To create the user we need to fill in the first_name, last_name, _login and password fields.
- We also need to create links with the groups and teams tables via linked fields that import multi-value fields groups and teams and a single-value field primary team.
- We will use the Query By Example capability and supply the names of the Service Manager group and Service Management Team.
The following request is issued:
A result similar to the following will be returned in the case of successful record creation: