Navigating the Left Pane
The left pane is the primary navigation tool in the power user interface. You may see different menus depending on how your system is customized or due to your group permissions.
At any time, you can return to the Home Page even when the left pane is closed, by clicking the company logo at the upper left of the screen. Each number in the image below corresponds to an item in the Left Pane Menus list.
Left Pane Menus
- Home: Click the Home link to access power user home page(s), or expand the Home menu to view Dashboards, My Profile, and Preferences.
- Setup: The Setup menu directs you to a page containing links and descriptions of all knowledgebase setup options, such as Tables, Rules, Access, System, etc. Only users in an administrator group will see this tab.
- Messaging: Allows you to send broadcast messages to users in the knowledgebase. For more information see Broadcasting.
- Calendar: Expands to display a calendar of the current month.
- Chat status: Displays the number of chats currently in progress, staff members online, and pending chat requests.
- Communications: Provides links to email correspondence shortcuts, including Email Inbox and Sent Emails.
- My Assigned: Dependent on teams and group permissions, this menu contains the global Inbox, All My Assigned Records, and separate inboxes for each table. You can enable counting for inbox records in user preferences, under Home > Preferences, so users can see in the left pane how many records are assigned to them.
- Last Opened: Shows the five records most recently opened, displayed as the first 25 characters of the field defined as the Summary field for the table.
- Tables: Expand the Tables menu to show a list of tables in the knowledgebase. Click the arrow next to grouped items to see the tables they contain. Click the arrow to next to each table name to show additional options, including:
- Subtables: If the table contains subtables and the user clicks on the subtable link, then only the records in that subtable are displayed.
- Saved searches: Users can add favorite saved searches to be displayed just below the table label for one-click access. To add searches to the left pane, click on Saved Searches > Manage and check the box in the column to add the search to the left pane.
- Table setup menu: A setup menu option is visible to users with admin privileges so they can go directly to the Table setup wizard from the left pane.
Charts and Reports.
If your organization still uses the Horizontal Toolbar layout, we strongly recommend switching to the left pane. To edit this setting, log in as an admin and navigate to Setup > Look & Feel to edit the current look and feel scheme. On the Global tab, scroll down to select the option Left Pane Toolbar.
Working with the Left Pane
The items in the left pane can be customized according to your own requirements. To hide and reorder items, navigate to Home > Preferences > Left Pane Setup. For more information, see Left Pane Setup.
Left pane menus can be collapsed and expanded by clicking on the menu names or using the minimize and maximize icons. To resize the width of the pane, drag it to the right or the left with the mouse. To hide the left pane entirely, click the menu icon immediately above the Home menu.
To hide the logo above the left pane, hover over the logo and click the small arrow icon. To display the logo again, click the logo icon below the left pane.