My Assigned Inbox
The My Assigned inbox is a navigation menu drop-down list that shows records you need to work on. Each item in the list links to a saved search run on the table listed in parentheses. My Assigned makes it easy to jump directly into your assignments, without switching nav bar groupings and without switching saved searches.
For example, click My Assigned Contract Approvals (Approvals) to find all contract approval records assigned to you in the Approvals table.
The All My Assigned Records search runs the My Assigned searches for all available tables and shows only those that have at least one record. You can also customize My Assigned searches to determine which records appear for each search, and add other searches to the My Assigned section.
Showing Tables in My Assigned
An entry appears in the My Assigned inbox for every table that meets these criteria:
- You have permission to view the table's records
- A saved search is configured in that table
- On the Apply tab of the search, at least one of your groups is selected under the "Make this Search visible in My Assigned for:" section.
Showing Record Counts in My Assigned
Showing record counts has a high impact on system performance, so this option should usually not be enabled.
To select whether to show the number of matching records for each search:
- Go to Preferences under the User Menu and click Navigation Menu Setup.
- Select My Assigned on the Content tab to show additional options.
- Select the "Show number of assigned records next to each search" checkbox.