Legacy EUI Overview
The Legacy End User Interface allows you to:
- Create new records by selecting a New <Record Name> tab on the Toolbar. When end-users have permission to create records in only a subtable of a main table, they will only see the name of the subtable in the New "Table" tab, and clicking that tab in the end-user interface will take them directly to the appropriate form, instead of an intermediate screen.
- View or edit existing records using the My Items menu.
- View or update your user account information using My Profile page.
- Chat with a staff representative in real time using Chat page.
- Browse frequently asked questions by clicking Search FAQ , and provide customer feedback on their usefulness (when this option is enabled).
- Receive broadcast notifications from admins about important system changes.
Setting up the Legacy End User Interface typically involves four steps:
- Set up My Items.
- Set up FAQs.
- Set up entry points to End User Interface.
- Set up the End User Interface appearance.
In the basic style, tabs and menu items are dynamic based on the user's group permissions. A widget-based home page option is also available in the Legacy EUI.
What Controls What?
- Which tabs the user sees depends on:
- Group permissions table settings – View toolbar tab (must be on for New Record tabs), View FAQs on or off, Create Own Record on or off and View Records and View/Edit own contact record on or off.
- Any saved searches the user sees in the FAQ screen are defined in the FAQ setup.
- In the My Items screens she sees the Saved Searches that have been made both accessible and active for her group.
- The default search run for the My Items screens are set up in the End User Interface setup screens.
- Which tables have FAQs and how they appear is set in the End User Interface setup FAQ options.
What are FAQs?
- FAQs are regular records of any table that someone decides should be available to end users.
- The records can be created specifically as FAQS, or imported from some other system, or they can be records/questions received in the normal course of business that have answers that might be useful to others.
- FAQ records can hold attached files that you want to make available to end users, like software documentation, patches, HR documentation, or Corporate Policy documentation.
- The records and attached files are fully searchable and the fields can be nicely formatted with HTML graphics etc.
To Setup FAQ's
- Go to Setup > End User Interface > Setup FAQs, then edit an existing entry or create a new one.
- Which records are considered FAQs is defined by a saved search. By default in the support tables there is a field called Published that is changed to Yes to create an FAQ and these records are found by the Published search
FAQs and Permissions
- Permissions are used to determine which FAQs a user can access: if a user is given access to View all FAQs, he will see all records found by the search that defines FAQs. If he is given access to FAQs but filtered to some other search, he will only see those records that meet both searches' criteria.
- Once a user can access an FAQ, field permissions are not applied – she sees the fields the admin selected to be displayed in the FAQ setup screen.
Setting up the My Items Search
- Navigate to Setup > Look and Feel > Setup My Items and click Customize.
- Any table that you are making accessible to end users should have a search defined to be run when the user clicks the My Items tab and a view to use when displaying the results
- If you don't already have an appropriate search or view, create one from this screen
- Note that you can restrict the search to the user's own items by default, but may have additional saved searches he can select that show him his company's items, closed items, open items, etc. All search results are filtered by the user's permissions
Changing the Saved Searches that Appear in My Items
The Show drop-down contains saved searches that have been made accessible and active for the user's group.
Edit Search Accessibility
- Make a list of searches you want to add or eliminate.
- Click the main tab of the Table whose searches you need to change.
- Click Saved Search > Manage to view all saved searches.
Edit a search, click the Apply tab.
- When testing a system setup, if you see tables you shouldn't have access to, or are missing tables you should be able to see, go to the group permissions for the user's group and check the table permissions.
- The New [Table] tabs will only be seen if the group has the toolbar turned on and has "create own permissions" for the table.
- Toolbar on or off permissions are now relevant to the EUI – the New [Table] tabs will only be seen if the group has the toolbar turned on and has created its own permissions for the table.
Configuring Chat for End Users
- Agiloft contains a support chat interface that can be turned on or off. When on, it is typically displayed as a tab in the End User Interface. When the user requests a chat, a notification pops up to any power users on the team assigned to chat requests asking them to accept the request.
Turn on Chat Interface
- Navigate to Setup > Chat and edit the default session. The important options to configure are:
- Select teams to be notified when a request is received.
- Enable groups in both the Show Session and Allow Access drop-downs if you want them to see and use the chat tab. If no groups are enabled here, the chat tab is effectively disabled.
- Decide if a popup suggesting chat when a user logs in is desired.