Initiate Salesforce Sync from the SFDC with an Action Button
It is possible to create an action button in the Salesforce Developer Console which initiates a synchronization between the Agiloft knowledgebase and Salesforce.
You must have already set up a working synchronization between Agiloft and Salesforce. For more information see Salesforce Integration.
The steps here will require you to navigate between Salesforce and your Agiloft knowledgebase, so you should have both open while walking through this procedure.
- Log into your Salesforce account and navigate to Setup > Build (on the left pane) > Accounts > Buttons, Links and Actions.
- Click New Button or Link at the top of the screen.
- Fill in the mandatory fields marked with a red bar:
- Label - Add a name based on the sync in Agiloft.
- Name - Use the Configuration Name of the Agiloft sync.
- Behavior - Display in existing window without sidebar.
- Content Source - URL.
- Fill in the URL to trigger the API call with the following syntax, using the values defined in the General tab of your Salesforce synchronization setup:
If the sync has Secure API Calls option enabled, use this syntax:
http://<ewserver:port>/gui2/sync/start?extsysid=<full external system ID>&acceptssync=true&&authorizationkey=<secure API key>.
- If the sync does not have the Secure API Calls option enabled, use this syntax:
http://<ewserver:port>/gui2/sync/start?extsysid=<full external system ID>.
- Save the button.
- Navigate to Build > Customize > Accounts > Page Layouts on the left pane, and click Edit on the page layout to which you want to add the button.
- In the layout editor, click Buttons and then click and drag the newly created button to the Custom Buttons section in Account Detail. Save the layout.
- To check the new sync button, navigate to Accounts in the top menu, and choose one account in the list.
- The new button will be displayed at the top of the account details. When you click the button the sync will be initiated with your knowledgebase.