The Hotlink widget type displays a vertical list of hotlinks to perform various functions in the system. For more information on constructing links manually, see Hyperlinks.
In the Options tab of the Hotlink Widget setup, select hotlinks from the list on the left and move them into the list of Selected Hotlinks to include them in the "Available widgets" list on the Dashboard setup.
Click New to create a new hotlink, or select one and click Edit to edit one in the list.
Create and Edit Hotlinks
- In the Hotlink Widget wizard, add a title and any instructional text you want to add.
- Use the drop-down menus in the "Set the parameters you want to include in the hyperlink" to construct the link.
- The behavior chosen in "What should the link do?" will define which fields appear below. For example...
- If you choose View/Edit record, you can choose the table and search that identifies the record to open. You can also select whether to open the record to view or edit, and what section and field of the form is in focus.
- If you choose Show Charts, you can choose the table containing charts/reports, and clicking the link will open a view of the Charts/Reports list for that table.
- If you choose Create a Record, you can choose the table containing, then set any number of fields by selecting them from the list and clicking Add, then entering a value for the field.
- If you choose Launch Chat, you can choose a chat session type.
- Click Compose Hyperlink. The link will appear in the URL field. It will be editable, so you can modify it manually, or even construct the entire link manually.
- Optionally, you can test the link by clicking Test Hyperlink. If it works, this will open the expected result in a new window.
- Optionally, you can attach a custom icon for the link.
In the example below, the hotlink creates a new record in the Quote table, with Status=Sent to Customer.
Once the hotlink has been added, it will appear in the list of Available Hotlinks. Any number of hyperlinks can be added to a widget, and will display vertically.