To edit a record, click theicon. To view the record, click the icon. Alternatively, you can use a table view that makes fields in the record 'active' , meaning that clicking on that field will open the record for edit or for view.
The following options also open when you click the arrow button next to the drop-down on the Save button:
- Save & Continue: saves the record, runs any rules, then reopens the record to the first tab to allow you to continue work on it. This can be useful to save your record progress.
- Save & New: saves the record, runs any rules, then opens a new record.
- Save & Next: saves the record, runs any rules, then opens the next record in the table.
The following options open when you click the arrow button next to the drop-down on the Cancel button:
- Cancel & Reopen: cancels unsaved changes, then closes and reopens the record to the first tab.
- Cancel & New: cancels unsaved changes, then closes the record and opens a new one.
- Cancel & Next: cancels unsaved changes, then opens the next record in the table.
If the next record in the list is currently locked by another user, or has just been deleted by another user, or no longer meets the search criteria because it has been closed by another user or assigned to another user, the system moves to the next record available below that.
This is particularly intended to be used with the Inbox or My Assigned search, so a power user may run that search, pick the first ticket in the list and work on it, and then just proceed through the remaining assigned tickets by using the Finish and Next buttons.