Scripts can extend the function of your knoweldgebase by automating events such as moving files to a specific directory on the server. Scripts are executed by creating a script action within a rule or action button.
Scripts are automatically executed by the correct interpreter based on their file extension:
- .pl files are executed by the Perl interpreter.
- .py files are executed by the Python interpreter.
- .class files are executed by the Java interpreter.
- .jar files are executed by the Java interpreter. Main class is taken from the Script-Class Manifest entry.
- .exe files are executed as standalone programs.