Configuring SMS Service
This topic describes how to configure SMS to use for bulk messaging and two-factor authentication.
You must have a Twilio account subscription with the following data:
- Account ID (SID)
- Authentication Token
- Either a From number, which can be any of the following:
- The phone number associated with the Twilio account
- A short number
- An alias name
- Or a Message ID (MSID). For more information on the MSID, see here.
Adding an SMS Account
- Navigate to Setup > Email and SMS and click Configure under SMS Services.
- Click New.
- In the SMS Account screen, enter the Account Name and Label.
- Enter the information from the Twilio account as described above.
- Select a usage for the account - either Mass Communication or Two Factor Authentication.
Enter a valid number to test the service and click Send Test SMS. If the number is outside of the USA, you will need to enter the country code masked with a + prefix; for example +01.
A confirmation SMS should be sent to the number provided.
Defining the Outbound Account
- In the Email and SMS screen, click Define Default Outbound Account under Outbound SMS Settings.
- Select a default account from the drop-down menu.
- Optionally, enter a valid number to test the service and click Send Test SMS.
- Click Finish.
Configuring SMS for Tables
- In the Email and SMS screen, click Configure Outbound SMS under Outbound SMS Settings.
- Select a table to define the SMS settings. Optionally select the Copy settings to all subtables checkbox. Click Next.
- In the From Options tab, select the following:
- The Groups who can see the SMS icon in the table view.
- The outbound account to use for sending SMS messages
- The Default Recipient Cell Number.
- The Address to send bounced SMS messages to.
- The Groups who can change the default SMS account when sending messages.
- Click Finish.