Adding SMS Templates
SMS templates enable you to set up automated SMS messages for a table with default messages and recipients, including elements such as variables and attachments.
- Outbound SMS must be set up. See: Configuring SMS Service.
Follow these steps
- Navigate to Setup > Email and SMS and click Access SMS Templates.
- Then select the relevant table and click Next.
- OR in a table view click the SMS button and select Manage Templates.
- Either click New, or edit an existing SMS template.
- In the Edit SMS Template window, click Heading to enter template information:
- In the Heading tab, enter a Template Name.
- Enter a Description.
- Select if the template is visible for users with the permission to view Published templates.
- Select the teams for whom the template appears in the list of active templates for those with permission to view it.
- Click Finish.
- If you wish to add a variable, select Insert > Variables.
- In the Formula wizard, add the formula.
- If you wish to use an existing template as a base, select Insert > Populate from template and select a template from the list.
- Select an outbound SMS account in the From drop-down menu.
- Select a message recipient by clicking the To recipient link.
- Either select a recipient type from the available list and click the search icon to open a list of all users.
- Select the recipient(s) from the list and choose an option to import them.
- Or enter phone number(s), separated by a comma.
- Enter the message content.
- Optionally, click the Attachment icon at the bottom of the screen to add an attachment .
- Click Finish.