Actions are used in rules and action buttons to automate repeated actions in the system, like sending notifications or updating related fields and records. When you create an action for a rule or a workflow transition, it is added to the library of actions for that table and is then available for reuse by other rules and workflow transitions.
The Actions wizard can be accessed from any of the following paths:
- In the Actions tab of the Table wizard.
- When creating a rule, in the Action tab of the Rule wizard.
- In the Fields tab of the Table wizard, when creating a new Action Button field type, select Execute Actions > Add Action.
- From Setup > Rules > new or edit > Action tab.
Each action type is displayed as a button on the screen. Click Create <action type> to open its specific wizard. The wizard details will vary by action type.
The available action types include:
- Update Fields
- Data Conversion
- Browser Pop-up
- Linked Record
- Document Comparison
- Merge PDF Document
- Convert Document Format
- Create DocuSign Envelope
- Create Adobe Sign Envelope